[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Still not able to log on

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 20:16:07 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 4:59 PM, Frances Dean McNamara
<fdmcnama at uchicago.edu> wrote:
> We have Evergreen running with no errors from autogen and I can get further
> in the opac, but cannot log on to the client, or in the Log in of the opac.

[snip]

> But when I tried login and tried to log in using admin I got:
>
> Error: uncaught exception: A server error occurred. Debug information
> follows:
>
> code = 404
>
> debug: osrfMethodException : No authentication seed found.
> open-ils.auth.authenticate.init must be called first
>
> payload: []
>
> Suggestions?  We are getting the opac screens so if we can get the client to
> work we could add some bibs.  But the client still gets

This and the login error coming from the staff client mean that
memcached is either not running or not listening on the port
configured in opensrf.xml.  The command

 # ps ax|grep memcached

run as root will tell you if it is running, and if so what port it is
listening on (the -p option).  The Evergreen services will need to be
restarted after memcached is started or opensrf.xml is adjusted.