[OPEN-ILS-DEV] error message from direct_ingest.pl script

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 13:18:08 EDT 2008

On 20/03/2008, Nella Lall <ndlall at ucalgary.ca> wrote:
> When using the direct_ingest.pl script (part of the importing bib
>  records into evergreen steps) I am getting this message for each record
>  it tries to process:
>
>  Couldn't process record:   * ! EXCEPTION ! *
>  TYPE: OpenSRF::EX::Session
>  Mess: Session Error
>  Mess: router at eg-server/open-ils.cstore IS NOT CONNECTED TO THE NETWORK!!!
>  Loc.: 68 main
>  Loc.: direct_ingest.pl
>  Time: Thu Mar 20 08:55:23 2008
>
>  I was able to successfully use this direct_ingest.pl script in the past
>  before I did the restore of my evergeen database to an empty state.
>
>  I have walked through all the install steps and do not see that any were
>  missed after the first install of 1.2.0 and after the attempt to upgrade
>  to 1.2.1.4.
>  I have done a stop and restart of system as in:
>
>  sudo -u opensrf /openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -c
>  /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a stop_all
>  sudo -u opensrf /openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -c
>  /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_all
>
>  Can some kind soul tell me where shall I look or what I should try next?

Hi Nella:

The short answer is don't use start_all - there is a race condition
between the Perl and C services that in many cases will prevent the C
services from starting if you don't give the Perl services a few
seconds to initialize first. So try this instead:

sudo -u opensrf /openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -c
/openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a stop_all

sudo -u opensrf /openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -c
/openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_router

sudo -u opensrf /openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -c
/openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_perl

sudo -u opensrf /openils/bin/osrf_ctl.sh -c
/openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_c

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University