[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Installation issues/problems

Thomas Edward thomaedward at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 14 19:54:40 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have installed Evergreen server on Ubuntu 7.10 and have followed all the instructions on http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=installing_evergreen_1.2_on_ubuntu_7.10.  I have a small lab with four machines whic dual boot Windows Vista and Linux Unbuntu 7.10.  This is a exercise for me but I'd like to demo to the local library.

Issue #1.
When I run instruction 2 (i) under "Starting Evergreen"  I get the following error message.

root at thomas-desktop:/home/thomas# su opensrf
opensrf at thomas-desktop:/home/thomas$ osrf_ctl.sh -c /openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml -a start_router
Starting OpenSRF Router
!!!! Unable to connect router to jabber server localhost... exiting

Issue #2
Quote from instruction document: Instruction 17 (ii)
Change the name of the child element of the  element in opensrf.xml from ... to match the fully-qualified domain name of your server. For example, if the fully-qualified domain name of your server is “evergreen.rocks.com”:

I have run the instruction> perl -MNet::Domain -e 'print Net::Domain::hostfqdn()

but get this output:
root at thomas-desktop:/home/opensrf/Evergreen-ILS-1.2.2.3/Open-ILS/src/support-scripts# perl -MNet::Domain -e 'print Net::Domain::hostfqdn()

>What do you think  the problem  might be?

Issue #3
  I have executed the file Open-ILS/src/support-scripts/settings-tester.pl and haveattached the results for your analysis.  Teh file is called "settings-tester-results".

Issue  #4
Quote from instruction document:Section "Testing connections to Evergreen"
" Once you have installed and started Evergreen, test your connection to Evergreen via srfsh: "

question:  Must I run this as root, as opensrf or as thomas at thomas-desktop:/$ ?

Issue #5:
I am not clear on instruction # 19.
Copy /openils/conf/srfsh.xml.example to .srfsh.xml in the home directory of each user you want to use to run the srfsh command line client for testing OpenSRF, and edit .srfsh.xml as follows: "

Must this file be copied to the /home/opensrf directory?
Issue #6 Attachments
I have also included the following files as attachments: opensrf.xml, opensrf_core.xml

I would be grateful for any help I could get.

Thomas

Discover the new Windows Vista