[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Buildbot 1.001; other updates

Shawn Boyette sboyette at esilibrary.com
Wed Dec 9 10:11:50 EST 2009

Version 1.001 of the buildbot is now available[1].

http://testing.esilibrary.com/buildbot/releases/Equinox-Buildbot-1.001.tar.gz

Backward-incompatible changes:

* In the configuration file, the value of the 'commands' attribute is
now semicolon-delimited. It was previously comma-delimited. This is to
better maintain the shell idiom in specifying commands/phases, which has
been extended in this release (see below).

* The web/JSON backend script has been renamed from 'ebb-webfe' to
'ebb-jsonserver'. Please update your fcgi config and delete
/usr/local/bin/ebb-webfe

Bugfixes:

* SVN::Client objects are no longer persistent, but are created and
destroyed as needed. This (seems to) fix the "too many files open" bug
where the bot would maintain hundreds of TCP connections to its svn
server. Upstream author has been informed of this behavior.

Other substantive changes:

* Also in the configuration file, there is no longer a strict 1:1
mapping from "build phases" to "commands executed". When multiple
commands are desired in a single build phase, they are separated with
"&&", as in

   "make;cd other/dir && make;make check;cd ../.. && make install"

This (somewhat nonsensical and contrived) example has 4 phases and 6
commands. All commands in a phase have their output collected together.

------

In other news:

* Nightly builds now have their i18n components made properly. I think.

* The i18n stuff-making has also been added to the buildbot's regular
build process.

* Minor changes have been made to the testing.esilibrary pages to
improve them in a handful of ways. The front page's build status
refreshes every 10 minutes; there are now large, friendly buttons for
downloading nightly tarballs; the build history and build output pages
no longer have an image background (when this was implemented with CSS3,
things were fine for the people it actually rendered for, but the hack
workaround made scrolling horribly slow, and that sucks)

* The buildbot HOWTO I promised late last week will be up today. My
apologies for the delay; I felt it would be better to have this batch of
changes rolled out first.

--
Shawn Boyette
<sboyette at esilibrary.com>