[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Release 1.6 - testing notes

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 15:59:54 EDT 2009

2009/7/10 Dan Scott <denials at gmail.com>:
> We're currently testing Evergreen rel_1_6_0 (there's no tarball
> release candidate yet) on a Debian Lenny, PostgreSQL 8.3 system and
> have noticed the following so far:
>  * Reporter interface: sources all appear, but none of the fields for
> the sources appear
>  * The skin "default" (not the default skin, that's craftsman) has
> display problems in the detailed record page (we have some local fixes
> that I can contribute)

A specific problem with the detailed record page is the new subject
display isn't displaying correctly in Internet Explorer 7; I wrestled
with this for about an hour with no joy.

>  * 1.4 -> 1.6 database upgrade script (or autogen.sh) needs to
> include "UPDATE metatada.metarecord SET mods = NULL";
>  * 1.4 -> 1.6 database upgrade script needs to add VIEW_ORG_SETTINGS
> to staff and MFHD permissions to catalogers, and possibly other perms

There seems to be a problem editing MARC records that have
URIs-as-copies (856 $9 SHORTNAME); attempting to reingest the record
generates an SQL error due to a duplicate entry in the database, so
the changes aren't saved; but the staff client claims "Record
successfully saved". Two things need fixing here: the record needs to
be able to be saved correctly, and a failed save operation needs to be
reported accurately.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University