[OPEN-ILS-DEV] [patch] Selecting many Z39.50 targets

Warren Layton warren.layton at gmail.com
Thu Jun 11 18:44:27 EDT 2009

Some of our staff have run into a bug with the Z39.50 search tool in
the staff client. We have a number of available targets and when they
select many of them, the staff client display becomes larger than the
screen and useful buttons such as "MARC Editor for Import" are
inaccessible (see PNG image, attached).

The problem is caused by the text label about the results containing
"Showing 1 of 4228 for ULaval  Showing 2 of 1670 (...)"  and so on for
each target. The more targets being searched, the longer the text
becomes until it spills over the screen.

Attached is a patch (against trunk) which reduces the text to simply
"Showing <# results displayed> of <total count>", without listing the
individual targets (which are listed beside each result anyways under
the "Service" column). Also included are changes to cat.properties to
modify the text string (if these aren't properly done, let me know and
I'll try again).

Cheers,
  Warren Layton
  NRCan Library