[OPEN-ILS-DEV] How to test Evergreen after upgrading to 1.4.0.4?

Dan Scott denials at gmail.com
Tue Mar 31 14:44:41 EDT 2009

Hi Václav:

2009/3/31 Václav Jansa <v.jansa at stk.cz>:
> Dear all,
> due to the problem with Czech in the staff client (and without manual repair
> of errors even in the OPAC) I have upgraded Evergreen from version 1.4.0.2
> to version 1.4.0.4. The Czech localization works in the OPAC but the staff
> client keeps reporting errors (even with the pure installation) as described
> in the previous posts.

The staff client will return a 500 version error if it can't find the
appropriate translation at /openils/var/web/opac/locale/cs-CZ/lang.dtd
- and then will fail with error messages about "offline.properties"
after that if the corresponding files are not visible at
/openils/var/web/xul/<build-id>/server/locale/cs-CZ

If you don't want to do a fresh install, then from the 1.4.0.4 tarball
you could copy the following files:

OPAC:
cp Open-ILS/web/opac/locale/cs-CZ/* /openils/var/web/opac/locale/cs-CZ/.

Staff client (server side):
cp Open-ILS/xul/staff_client/chrome/locale/cs-CZ/*
/openils/var/web/xul/<build-id>/server/locale/cs-CZ/.
cp Open-ILS/xul/staff_client/server/locale/cs-CZ/*
/openils/var/web/xul/<build-id>/server/locale/cs-CZ/.
cp Open-ILS/web/js/dojo/openils/conify/nls/cs/cz/*
/openils/var/web/js/dojo/openils/conify/nls/cs/cz/.
cp Open-ILS/web/js/dojo/openils/reports/nls/cs/cz/*
/openils/var/web/js/dojo/openils/reports/nls/cs/cz/.

But I think you would be better off just doing a fresh install from
the 1.4.0.4 tarball.

Oh, and you will either need the 1.4.0.4 staff client, or:

cp Open-ILS/xul/staff_client/chrome/locale/cs-CZ/* C:\Program
Files\Evergreen Staff Client\build\chrome\locale\cs-CZ\. (well, the
equivalent on Windows).

> Is it possible to somehow test the installation so that it could be proved
> that it has been made correctly? Is it possible to test the database
> somehow? (Upgrade scripts were run – approx. three inserts and one index –
> then the database was loaded again, the Czech language switched on, all
> without errors.)

You can delete the existing database strings from the database with:

DELETE FROM config.i18n_core WHERE translation = 'cs-CZ';

... then reload the updated database strings from
Open-ILS/src/sql/Pg/950.data.seed-values-cs-CZ.sql

> Due to work duties I have not made it yet to finish the pure installation
> and using the current installation I have not made the decision to delete
> the database and redefine it (there are already some data inserted in the
> database).

A fresh install of Evergreen doesn't require you to rebuild the entire
database, so hopefully the config.i18n_core tip above works for you.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University