[OPEN-ILS-DEV] where does first "electronic" in "electronic electronic resource" come from?

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Fri Feb 19 13:35:25 EST 2010

> Also does anyone know where the word "remote" is coming from? It's not in
> the MARC datafields (e.g. not in the 300 where the xii etc comes from).

It's coming from the translation to MODS format.  The perl and xpath
for the physical description we're using is

my $physical_desc       =
"(//mods:physicalDescription/mods:form|//mods:physicalDescription/mods:extent|".
    "//mods:physicalDescription/mods:reformattingQuality|//mods:physicalDescription/mods:internetMediaType|".
    "//mods:physicalDescription/mods:digitalOrigin)";

This is using a stylesheet called MARC21slim2MODS32.xsl.  The one I
have has this in its physicalDescription section:

            <xsl:if
test="marc:controlfield[@tag=007][substring(text(),1,1)='c'][substring(text(),2,1)='r']">
                <form authority="smd">remote</form>
            </xsl:if>

So it's checking the first and second characters in the 007 tag, and
if the first is c and the second is r, then it's using the word
"remote".  What all this means to a cataloger, I'm not sure. :)

--
Jason Etheridge
 | VP, Tactical Development
 | phone:  1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457)
 | email:  jason at esilibrary.com
 | web:  http://www.esilibrary.com

Please join us for the Evergreen 2010 International Conference!
It is being held April 20 - 23, 2010 at the Amway Grand Hotel and
Convention Center, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
http://www.evergreen2010.org/