[OPEN-ILS-DEV] EG connector to any open source opac overlay?

Joe Atzberger jatzberger at esilibrary.com
Fri Jan 8 14:30:49 EST 2010

I don't know about how those specific projects expect to consume
availability info.  Are they the same mechanism (or similar ones)?  With
other platforms, like OCLC federated search, for example, the catalog search
is z39 and the item availability comes from SIP2.  Evergreen's z3950 and
SIP2 implementations would accommodate that kind of interaction, and it has
the advantage of being standards-based.

I would speculate (blindly) that these projects' connectors are something
different, and probably want some custom-templated XML or something.  My
cursory googling came up empty.

This kind of question would be very helpful to have documented in either a
wiki or at https://launchpad.net/evergreen as a "blueprint" or as
enhancement "bugs".  That way we can collaborate with developers on those
projects who likely are not members of this list.

--Joe