[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Adding 856 tags in batch

Bill Ott bott at grpl.org
Tue May 25 17:01:22 EDT 2010

With the 856 URI display options in 1.6, we're having issues when a
library system purchases a batch of new online resources.  If a record
already exists for a title, we'd like to simply bring in the required
856 tag(s) and add them to the record, keeping the existing tag(s)
unchanged.  For a few it wouldn't be an issue, but when it comes down to
thousands of titles, it's more difficult to just update manually.

Anyone have any suggestions about how to do this cleanly?  Am I
overlooking something that I should know about or should have thought of?