[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Any EG libraries using automatic suggestions in their OPAC's search field(s)

Yamil Suarez ysuarez at berklee.edu
Thu Oct 21 16:17:37 EDT 2010

Hello all,

My library is making plans to migrate to Evergreen, and we are curious
if any existing libraries are currently using or planning to develop
auto suggestions in their OPAC's search field(s). This feature could
also be called "auto fill" or "real time suggestions". To be clear,
with this feature a patron starts typing their search text and the
OPAC form UI displays suggested matches based on what the patron types
into the search field. Much like the Google or Amazon main search
field does as you type your query and you see suggested search terms.

I tried searching the Evergreen list archives in MarkMail and so far I
did not get any relevant hits. If this is not a feature that is
currently implemented now or planned in the near (EG 2.0) future, then
I can revisit this feature later on after 2.0 is out and my library
has migrated to EG.

Thanks in advance,
Yamil

Berklee College of Music