[OPEN-ILS-DEV] reingest all records

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Fri Sep 24 14:05:36 EDT 2010

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 1:44 PM, Ben Ostrowsky <ben at esilibrary.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 1:41 PM, Grant Johnson <fgjohnson at upei.ca> wrote:
>>
>> Sending these to "request open-ils.ingest
>> open-ils.ingest.full.biblio.record" re-reads biblio.record_entry.marc
>> and updates metabib.full_rec and metabib.real_full_rec.
>
> I believe you're right; the most reasonable course of action apparent to me
> would be to pick a test case (let's say bib 123), go into srfsh and request
> open-ils.ingest open-ils.ingest.full.biblio.record 123 and then select *
> from metabib.real_full_rec where record = 123 in order to verify this before
> doing it to all the non-deleted bibs.
> Ben

As an aside, as of Evergreen 2.0 all ingest processes happen within
the database, and records are reingested as soon as a change is made
to a given biblio.record_entry row. There's a flag that by default
prevents re-ingest if a change was made but the MARC was not touched,
if I recall correctly.

Which means that once you make it to Evergreen 2.0, you'll never have
to reingest a record again - even if you do a global change like
"UPDATE biblio.record_entry SET marc = replace('Foo College', 'Foo
University');", the corresponding changes will be reflected
immediately (well, as long as it takes to reingest each record) in the
indexed fields, etc.

--
Dan Scott
Laurentian University