[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Apache redirection with skins

Bill Erickson erickson at esilibrary.com
Wed Apr 6 14:20:04 EDT 2011

On Tue, Apr 5, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Ben Ostrowsky <ben at esilibrary.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I wanted to use Apache redirection not only to assign searching location
> and depth, but also to bring users to different skins for different org
> units. To do this, I'm passing pairs of values (shortname and skin name) in
> a list that then gets read as a hash.
>
> Attached is a patch against trunk for OpenILS::WWW::Redirect and
> eg_vhost.conf. I've tested this on a 2.0.2 system and it seems to redirect
> as desired. I'm looking forward to hearing what y'all think.

Hi Ben,

I'd like to propose an alternative (or complementary) approach where we
store the destination skin along with the branch in the lib_ips.txt file.
 E.g.

MY-LIB 127.0.0.1 127.0.0.254 FancySkin123

This gives us more flexibility with skin names and allows us to map multiple
org units to the same skin.

Untested patch at http://dev198.esilibrary.com/~berick/redirect2.patch.txt

-b

--