[OPEN-ILS-DEV] MARC Record Import from txt

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Sun Dec 11 18:55:02 EST 2011

Elliot:

On Fri, Dec 9, 2011 at 5:20 PM, Elliot Voris <evoris at slcconline.edu> wrote:
> Thanks, John!
>
> Thanks for the point in the right direction! Unfortunately, my records do
> have namespace identifiers. The wiki says I need to "do a horrible thing and
> ensure that there are no namespace prefixes in front of the element names."
> How might I do that? I played a bit with find/replace, but I don't know what
> namespaces I might be looking for.

You probably don't need to worry about namespaces these days, I wrote
that wiki entry back in the Evergreen 1.2 days or earlier.

As an FYI, I submitted a sample file a few days back that imports 100
MARCXML records and then generates call numbers and copies for the
records. Although it was intended to provide a standard set of records
for the purposes of testing and documentation, you might want to
borrow from this example for your own import efforts:

http://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=working/Evergreen.git;a=blob;f=Open-ILS/tests/datasets/concerto.sql;h=0dec4ed9051382e49740f67e623e4cfb11076599;hb=db2862d3be35fa0cc33c318cf5568b9de48c0caf