[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Setting up our librarians with launchpad accounts

Jason Etheridge jason at esilibrary.com
Mon Jul 11 11:57:29 EDT 2011

> If librarians wish to contribute though, I feel fine with that.  Like all
> bug reporters, they should make an effort to follow the written guidelines
> specified for the bug reports (such as listing Evergreen version, OpenSRF,
> etc.).  Of course, I feel that it helps the developers when bug reports are
> written with as much detail as possible, rather than simply "this doesn't
> work, help!"  I also like to suggest that people assign "tags" based on
> which version of Evergreen they're on (like 2.0, 2.1, etc.) so that it can
> easier to find/locate bugs.

I think it's also helpful (not required, but helpful) if the person
reporting the bug or making a feature request is empowered to
"champion" the ticket, that they will poke if the ticket languishes,
answer questions if needed, arrange testing of potential fixes if
possible, and generally engage with the community and not just throw
reports over a wall (I haven't actually seen this happen with
launchpad, so I'm preempting, not accusing:-).

Also, being preemptive here, it's important to realize that Launchpad
is public (so don't include sensitive patron data in your bug
reports), and that we're all volunteers when we work with it.

--
Jason Etheridge