[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Acquisitions bugs seriously impacting funds management

Sharon Herbert (BC Pines) sherbert at sitka.bclibraries.ca
Mon Jul 11 12:55:25 EDT 2011

In our testing of Acquisitions (v 2.05), we have encountered two
significant bugs that impact the reliability of funds management, a
core function of any acquisitions system. We are unable to resolve
these internally and feel that we cannot advise any of our sites to
begin using Acquisitions until these bugs are resolved, so would
appreciate some extra eyes on these. Both of these bugs were also
confirmed by Sally Fortin at ESI in her testing. Patches upstream do
not seem to address either of these bugs.

These bugs were logged on June 22nd, 2011:

v2.05 Fund Calculation Problem: (Admin-Server
Administration-Acquisitions-Funds-Fund Details for any fund-Summary
Tab) When you have only encumbered funds or only spent funds the
calculation appear to be correct. However, when you have both
encumbered and spent funds the Total Debits and Balance do not
calculate correctly. This allows you to over-encumber funds.

and

v. 2.05. Fund Transfer Problem: (Admin-Server
Administration-Acquisitions-Funds-Fund Details for any fund-Transfer
Money) When you transfer an amount from one fund to another it doesn't
matter what amount you input, the entire fund is transferred. Note: we
have discovered that this bug is inconsistent. Sometimes it works,
sometimes it doesn't, but we cannot trace the malfunctions to any
specific changes.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide in resolving these.

Sharon

--
Sharon Herbert
Project Manager, Sitka