[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Export/re-import of bib records as part of an external clean-up process

Jeff Godin jgodin at tadl.org
Wed Jul 27 09:57:39 EDT 2011

Greetings-

Does anyone on this list have experience with exporting bib records,
transforming/cleaning up the records, then re-importing the records
without disrupting existing holdings, without resulting in changed
record ids, etc?

This specific context would be where bibs are being sent off to an
external service for "clean-up".

I'm also somewhat interested in metabib/fingerprint re-generation
after the re-load, and handling of merges.

I can think of a few possible approaches, but I'm interested in
hearing from others who have done this before.

Thanks!

-jeff