[OPEN-ILS-DEV] 2.0.6 staff client login timeout

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Jun 8 11:38:18 EDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 8, 2011 at 11:23 AM, Daniël Kollmer <dko at iisg.nl> wrote:
> Hello again ...
>
> To make sure I have no version conflict, I installed a fresh application platform with 2.0.3 and used a 2.0.3 staffclient. The results are the same, timeout at the login before registration of the workstation with the message
>
> method=open-ils.auth.authenticate.init
> params=["admin"]
> THROWN:
> null
> STATUS:
>
> BTW, this is a ubuntu lucid (10.04) our debian lenny machine using the same database works like a charm.
>
> What I was also wondering ... could there be something that would prevent different application servers running evergreen would not be allowed to access the database at the same time? I am kinda grabbing for straws here. We are working on this with three people and find absolutely no way out.

Hi Daniel:

I think this problem often indicates a problem with memcached; either
memcached is not running on the server/port that opensrf.xml says it
is, or it's running but a firewall is preventing access to that
server/port. Also, if memcached is not running on the same server as
your Apache server, then you'll need to set the
OSRFTranslatorCacheServer value in /etc/apache2/eg_vhost.conf.

If memcached wasn't running or couldn't be reached from the
application server, get it running and unblocked and restart all of
the opensrf services. And if Apache was trying to connect to the wrong
memcached server, get the config sorted out and then restart Apache.

Hopefully this helps!

Dan