[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Question about lang.dtd

Ben Shum bshum at biblio.org
Tue Jun 14 18:32:45 EDT 2011

Hi June,

I think it depends on which labels are being altered.  Most of the pieces in lang.dtd related to staff client pieces for patron registration are legacy editor pieces from the pre-2.0 patron registration, I think.

Checking our local customizations, it looks like to change staff client patron registration labels, we poked at entries in the /openils/conf/fm_IDL.xml file.  Not sure what we needed to restart in order to get the changes to show up, or if just logging in / out of the staff client just worked.

Good luck to you!

-- Ben

On Jun 14, 2011, at 5:55 PM, Rayner, June wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> It looks like we can customize the labels in the staff client and OPAC by changing /openils/var/web/opac/locale/en-US/lang.dtd or opac.dtd.    We did change some labels in opac.dtd and the new labels appeared with the refresh of a page.  Cool!    Now, we’re looking at changing some labels in the staff client.    I’ve made a change to a label in lang.dtd and restarted the Evergreen client, but I don’t see the change that I expected to see.  I also tried restarting the just open-ils.actor service, since the change was for patron registration.   For the staff client, is there something else that needs to be restarted or cleared for this change to take effect?
>
> Thanks!
>

> June Rayner
> ILS Application Team
> eiNetwork