[OPEN-ILS-DEV] More unicode patches for SIPServer

Jason Stephenson jstephenson at mvlc.org
Wed Jun 22 17:20:20 EDT 2011

Quoting Joe Atzberger <ohiocore at gmail.com>:

> Yeah, I think it was called the SIP Implementer's Handbook.

You are probably referring to the SIP2 Interface Developer's Guide? It
is utter rubbish. The table of contents is not even correct in most
editions. There are more bad examples in there than good. I'd suggest
pitching it and never thinking about it again.

All I can say is that the %U, %16U, and %16C options all seem to be
working for us with our clients. I don't know what character sets our
clients are using, but we have some from Envisionware,
Librarica/Cassie, 3M, and others.

I might be able to dig some up for unit testing purposes, but most of
our messages are going to contain real information, so I guess we'd
need to somehow convince our members with different clients to do some
tests with a dummy account for us.

Jason Stephenson
Merrimack Valley Library Consortium