[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Request for installation help - OpenSRF worked initially but now fails

John H gadgetfan.john at googlemail.com
Wed May 11 06:28:16 EDT 2011

On 10 May 2011 23:01, Anoop Atre <anoop.atre at mnsu.edu> wrote:
> John
> After the Evergreen install did you check and make sure all the entries for
> ejabberd accounts (private/public) which you initially setup during OpenSRF
> installation (step 8) were re-entered?

Thanks for your message. Yes, I did this and got the message the the
users were successfully registered.

> One of the steps in installing
> Evergreen is to over write the opensrf.xml and opensrf_core.xml so I would
> check that first.

I did this too. The ownership of these files seemed to be wrong but,
after typing "chown -R opensrf:opensrf /openils/" and editing them
using vi to verify the passwords and make sure the opensrf user could
write to them, I still got the same error when trying to log on at the
srfsh# prompt.

> After that you could probably refer back to the troubleshooting page to work
> things out if you still have issues.
>
> http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=troubleshooting:checking_for_errors

settings_checker.pl gave me the following output. The only problem
flagged seems to be an error about SIP, but I don't know how to fix
this. Would a SIP problem break OpenSRF in the way that I'm seeing?

opensrf at RenforthU:~$ pg test.txt
LWP::UserAgent version 5.834
XML::LibXML version 1.70
XML::LibXML::XPathContext version 1.70
XML::LibXSLT version 1.70
Net::Server::PreFork version 0.97
Cache::Memcached version 1.28
Class::DBI version 3.0.17
Class::DBI::AbstractSearch version 0.07
Template version 2.20
DBD::Pg version 2.16.1
Net::Z3950::ZOOM version 1.25
MARC::Record version 2.0.3
MARC::Charset version 1.1
MARC::File::XML version 0.93
Text::Aspell version 0.04
CGI version 3.43
DateTime::TimeZone version 1.10
DateTime version 0.52
DateTime::Format::ISO8601 version 0.06
DateTime::Format::Mail version 0.3001
Unix::Syslog version 1.1
GD::Graph3d version 0.63
JavaScript::SpiderMonkey version 0.20
Log::Log4perl version 1.26
Email::Send version 2.198
Text::CSV version 1.16
Text::CSV_XS version 0.70
Spreadsheet::WriteExcel::Big version 2.36
Tie::IxHash version 1.21
Parse::RecDescent version 1.963
SRU version 0.99
JSON::XS version 2.3

Checking Jabber connection for user opensrf, domain private.localhost
* Jabber successfully connected

Checking Jabber connection for user opensrf, domain public.localhost
* Jabber successfully connected

Checking Jabber connection for user router, domain public.localhost
* Jabber successfully connected

Checking Jabber connection for user router, domain private.localhost
* Jabber successfully connected

Checking database connections

Checking database drivers to ensure <driver> matches <language>
* ERROR: Unknown driver SIP in /opensrf/default/notifications/telephony
* OK: Pg language is undefined for reporter base configuration
* OK: Pg language is undefined for reporter base configuration
* OK: Pg language is perl in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.storage/language
* OK: pgsql language is C in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.cstore/language
* OK: pgsql language is C in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.pcrud/language
* OK: pgsql language is C in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.qstore/language
* OK: pgsql language is C in /opensrf/default/apps/open-ils.reporter-store/langu
age

Checking libdbi and libdbi-drivers
  * OK - found locally installed libdbi.so and libdbdpgsql.so in shared library
path

Checking hostname
 * OK: found hostname 'localhost' in <hosts> section of opensrf.xml

Is there anything I can do about the error already reported in
osrfsys.log?  (opensrf 2011-05-09 20:10:29 [ERR
:6357:osrf_settings.c:136:] Unable to load config for host localhost)
This would suggest that I'm meant to have entries in one of the config
files for localhost, but these are not there.

The installation instructions say "if you have configured opensrf.xml
using the real hostname of your machine as returned by perl
-ENet::Domain 'print Net::Domain::hostfqdn() . “\n”;', you should not
use the '-l' flag" - but they don't describe how to do this.

> Finally IRC might be another place to work out issues, devs and sys admins
> hang out there quite a bit and you might see more immediate responses. No
> guarantees though since folks are on from different time zones and might be
> busy putting out their own fires.
>
> http://open-ils.org/irc.php

Thanks - I've tried this once and there was no-one else in the room. I
may try again but, to be honest, I'm on the point of giving up.