[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Request for installation help - OpenSRF worked initially but now fails

Sharp, Chris csharp at georgialibraries.org
Wed May 11 07:47:31 EDT 2011

Hello again, John,

> The installation instructions say "if you have configured opensrf.xml
> using the real hostname of your machine as returned by perl
> -ENet::Domain 'print Net::Domain::hostfqdn() . “\n”;', you should not
> use the '-l' flag" - but they don't describe how to do this.

This is referring to the '-l' flag when running osrf_ctl.sh.  For example:

osrf_ctl.sh -l -a start_all

would be how you will want to startup your system, since you do have 'localhost' as your hostname.

Would you be willing/able to paste your opensrf_core.xml and opensrf.xml files to http://pastebin.com/ and share the links with us on list?  (Be sure to remove your personal passwords from them first).

> Thanks - I've tried this once and there was no-one else in the room.

Nearly all active channel members are in North America, and most of those are in the Eastern time zone, so you should be able to reach people between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Eastern.  Please try again if you still have the heart to continue.

> I may try again but, to be honest, I'm on the point of giving up.

It sounds like you're very close to a working system, so that would be a shame!

Hope that helps,

Chris

--
Chris Sharp