[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Request for installation help - OpenSRF worked initially but now fails

John H gadgetfan.john at googlemail.com
Wed May 11 10:07:20 EDT 2011

Thanks for your message.

> This is referring to the '-l' flag when running osrf_ctl.sh.  For example:
>
> osrf_ctl.sh -l -a start_all
>
> would be how you will want to startup your system, since you do have 'localhost' as your hostname.

This is what I used. [Incidentally, when I tried typing
perl -ENet::Domain 'print Net::Domain::hostfqdn() . “\n”;'
into the Ubuntu shell, initially there was no error but no visible
output - I was returned straight to the command prompt. When I tried
this again later, I persistently got "-bash: syntax error near
unexpected token '('". There may have been problems in translating
character sets - the right-pointing double close quote following the
\n doesn't seem to be on my keyboard.]

>> Is there anything I can do about the error already reported in
>> osrfsys.log? (opensrf 2011-05-09 20:10:29 [ERR
>> :6357:osrf_settings.c:136:] Unable to load config for host localhost)
>> This would suggest that I'm meant to have entries in one of the config
>> files for localhost, but these are not there.
>
> Would you be willing/able to paste your opensrf_core.xml and opensrf.xml files to http://pastebin.com/ and share the links with us on list?  (Be sure to remove your personal passwords from them first).

Certainly. I've done this - I hope correctly. The URL shown at the top
of the page (which I assume is the one you need) is
http://pastebin.com/4pUVaLTG

Thanks again.