[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Request for installation help - OpenSRF worked initially but now fails

Sharp, Chris csharp at georgialibraries.org
Wed May 11 10:18:18 EDT 2011

John,

I can see this in your paste of opensrf.xml

-<hosts>
-<localhost>

(near the bottom of the file)

If the dashes are indeed there, they would need to be removed before opensrf.xml can be read, which would explain the "Unable to load config for host localhost" error.  Can you change those lines and try starting OpenSRF again ('osrf_ctl.sh -l -a stop_all' - wait for 5 seconds - followed by 'osrf_ctl.sh -l -a start_all')?

Let's see if the fix is that simple!

(Funny that settings_tester.pl wouldn't catch that, but perhaps it's looking for the string '<localhost>' which does exist.  Note to developers: might it be worth adding an xmllint-type check of the xml files? - note that I'm not looking at the settings_tester.pl code while writing this ;-) )

Chris