[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Request for installation help - OpenSRF worked initially but now fails

John H gadgetfan.john at googlemail.com
Wed May 11 10:40:21 EDT 2011

On 11 May 2011 15:18, Sharp, Chris <csharp at georgialibraries.org> wrote:
> John,
>
> I can see this in your paste of opensrf.xml
>
> -<hosts>
> -<localhost>
>
> (near the bottom of the file)
>
> If the dashes are indeed there, they would need to be removed before opensrf.xml can be read, which would explain the "Unable to load config for host localhost" error.  Can you change those lines and try starting OpenSRF again ('osrf_ctl.sh -l -a stop_all' - wait for 5 seconds - followed by 'osrf_ctl.sh -l -a start_all')?
>
> Let's see if the fix is that simple!

Afraid not. After copying from the Linux machine to my current
(Windows) PC, the file opened in the Microsoft XML viewer, which seems
to display its first few indents in that way. I pasted from there -
will make sure to use a plain text editor in future! I've rechecked
the file on the server and there are no hyphens preceding <hosts> or
<localhost>.