[OPEN-ILS-DEV] MARC editor enhancement

Alex Reczkowski areczkowski at cwmars.org
Wed Sep 21 11:24:52 EDT 2011

Hi Friends,

I'm relatively new to Evergreen and this list... so please forgive me if
I don't follow protocol that you regulars know.

I've noticed a few recent posts about adding drop-downs for the fixed
fields of the MARC editor:

http://libmail.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-dev/2011-August/0
07518.html

http://libmail.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-dev/2011-July/007
359.html

This feels to me like a fairly straight-forward thing to program.  I'm
willing (and would be wonderfully happy) to type up all of the
possibilities for a drop-down for each of the fields if someone with
more programming skills could help with that end of the project.  If
given an example or shown the code where this would fit, I would be good
to go, but then wouldn't know where to share this code so it could be
added to the software.

It looks like this was discussed in 2009

http://list.georgialibraries.org/pipermail/open-ils-dev/2009-May/004563.
html

Which said:  "Just a lot of grunt work, but simple enough for anyone who
wants to

volunteer (and assuming that transcribing such snippets is fair use or

comes from a public domain source)."

So... being new, I'm willing to put in my time doing the grunt work.
Any willing mentors?

-Alex

Alex Reczkowski
Supervisor, Technical Services
Berkshire Athenaeum, Pittsfield's Public Library
1 Wendell Avenue
Pittsfield, MA 01201
413-499-9480 ext. 115
fax: 413-499-9489