[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Junk Tags

Gislaine.Hamelin at statcan.gc.ca Gislaine.Hamelin at statcan.gc.ca
Wed Aug 8 12:25:45 EDT 2012

Hello list,

Is anyone working on blocking certain tags when you are importing using Z39.50? As per our project manager below, this is available with batch importing, but not when importing one record at a time using Z39.50,

Gislaine Hamelin
Integrated Library Systems Coordinator | Coordonnatrice de système intégré de la bibliothèque
Information Resources Management | Gestion des ressources d'information | Statistics Canada Library | Bibliothèque de Statistique Canada
R.H. Coats Building | Immeuble R.-H.-Coats / Floor | Étage 2 Q
Statistics Canada | 100 Tunney's Pasture Driveway, Ottawa ON K1A 0T6
Statistique Canada | 100, promenade Tunney's Pasture, Ottawa ON K1A 0T6
Gislaine.Hamelin at statcan.gc.ca
Telephone | Téléphone 613-951-4576
Facsimile | Télécopieur 613-951-0939

Hi guys,

For the junk tag list you provided, this can be set up in the merge/overlay profiles (under Cataloging - Marc Batch Import) in terms of removing tags when importing or overlaying records in batch. There is no equivalent for junking tags when using z39.50 so those tags will need to be deleted manually when you import a record from z39.50 before saving it to your catalog. This is something I would encourage you to throw out to the community and maybe something can be developed in the future as I'm sure others would like an option to have some tags stripped out automatically when using z39.50.