[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Feature proposal: SMS transport error managing

Kivilahti Olli-Antti olli-antti.kivilahti at jns.fi
Tue Aug 14 10:56:55 EDT 2012

While looking into ways to integrate our SMS service provider to
Evergreen, I came upon the idea to follow SMSes' sent, and whether or
not they reach their destination. An email is sent to a special account
for any undeliverable SMSes. Currently in Evergreen we don't have a clue
what happens to our SMSes'.
The solution requires a SMS service provider who provides a tracking
service for SMSes.
Sent SMSes are stored to a database table.
A cronjob periodically checks these SMSes status via the HTTP-interface.

This is a low priority feature, and might not be implemented by the
Regional Library of Joensuu. Just sharing it here because I promised at
#evergreen :)

http://193.65.112.189:8080/browse/EGDEV-45

--
Olli-Antti Kivilahti