[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Internationalization support in Evergreen

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Sat Jun 2 14:42:14 EDT 2012

Job:

Are you using the structure that you've recommended anywhere else in
Launchpad?

As I said in my last email, Launchpad doesn't appear to give us the ability
to assign languages to arbitrary teams or individuals; there is only a very
small set of predefined teams that I can select from. Changing the
translation policy to "Restricted" or "Closed" doesn't change that. I
*can't* assign any language to you, or to any arbitrary group.

I had chosen the Launchpad Translators group because the help said that the
Launchpad Translators group is recommended for *all* projects:
https://help.launchpad.net/Translations/LaunchpadTranslators says:

"""

We believe that people translating software in the same language should
work in the same team, even thought they are working at different software.
There is one Launchpad localization team appointed for each language.
"""

That said, we can still go ahead and make the argument to the Launchpad
admins that Evergreen is a special snowflake that deserves its own
translator group to join the small set at
https://translations.launchpad.net/+groups. Only 4 groups were added in
2011 and none have been added in 2012, but we won't know if we don't ask.

In the mean time, I'm switching the translation policy back to "Open".

Dan