[OPEN-ILS-DEV] About GSoC 2012

Gayashan Amarasinghe chozrc at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 12:33:37 EDT 2012

Hi,
I am Gayashan Amarasinghe. A 3rd year undergraduate from Department of
Computer Science and Engineering, University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka. I
would like to participate in GSoC 2012 and this is my first attempt at GSoC.

I am interested in the idea of creating an android client for Evergreen.

I am familiar with Java and Android, as i have engaged myself in two
ongoing android projects. For my 3rd year individual programming project i
am currently involved in building a differential equations solver for
android. This project is based on the web services provided by Wolfram
Alpha and it also uses tesseract OCR library for android because i am
planning to allow users to use images of equations as inputs(instead of
typing) via an OCR library. My other project is based on developing an
audio application which provides virtual Surround Sound via ear phones. I
am developing this app with couple of my friends.

I would really appreciate if i could be pointed at few resources or some
small task so i can get a proper idea about the project and give it a try.

Thank you.

--
Regards
Gayashan Amarasinghe