[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Making a serials roadmap of sorts, openly

Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley lebbeous at esilibrary.com
Wed Feb 13 16:26:07 EST 2013

I've recently heard from Olli-Antti Kivilahti, who along with Pasi
Kallinen has identified some of his institution's most highly desired
serials features.

I'll let them respond here with more detail if they're ready to do so
now, but I also wanted to take the opportunity to organize some kind
of serials-related get-together at the Evergreen conference.

Let's have all available past, present, and future Evergreen serials
developers come together to discuss what we can agree on, design-wise,
and let's also talk about what we think we can get done, given that
none of us are in a position to work on serials development full-time
at the moment.  As far as I know nobody out there is funding any
specific serials development work on Evergreen right now, but that's
not to say that some work can't happen anyway.

Also, I think we should semi-formally make ourselves available at some
appointed time and place to hear questions, concerns, and feature
wishlists from serials users at the conference.  There has been a
significant increase in the number of sites using Evergreen serials
since last year's conference, and it's a good opportunity to identify
the most pressing needs of the broader community.

Feedback about all of these things are also welcome right here on the
mailing list.

Regards,

--
Lebbeous Fogle-Weekley