[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Question about documentation for open-ils.ingest

Kathy Lussier klussier at masslnc.org
Fri Jun 27 16:31:40 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm hoping one of you can help me with this question I have regarding
the removal of the open-ils.ingest service. DIG is working very hard to
get the changes from 2.6 incorporated into the official documentation by
next week.

As you know, one of those changes is the removal of the open-ils.ingest
service. The Release Notes seem to do a good job of documenting the fact
that Evergreen sites need to remove some data from the opensrf.xml
file.  I don't think this type of information is required elsewhere in
the official docs since it's something need to know the one time they
upgrade beyond 2.5.

However, I do want to make sure references to open-ils.ingest are
removed from other pieces of the documentation. There is only one place
in the official documentation where I see a reference to the
open-ils.ingest service -
in the Easing gently into OpenSRF chapter -
http://docs.evergreen-ils.org/2.6/_evergreen_specific_opensrf_services.html.

The page is a list of OpenSRF services available as of 1.6. It's easy
enough for me to remove the reference to open-ils.ingest service from
the list, but I'm wondering if there are other additions/removals I
should be making from that list. Have there been other changes to the
services since 1.6? Or is this a task that is bigger than just updating
the list of OpenSRF services?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kathy

--