[OPEN-ILS-DEV] autogen.sh -u

Jesse McCarty jessem at burlingtonwa.gov
Wed May 21 19:30:09 EDT 2014

I ran into a similar (but not identical) issue at the autogen.sh portion of an upgrade. What I had to do was shutdown Evergreen services, ejabberd and memcached. I then restarted ejabberd, memcached and Evergreen and then was able to run ./autogen.sh

For a clean install I would look first at the OpenSRF Jabber users and ensure they were created (part of the OpenSRF install prior to Evergreen) and that the passwords are correct in the opensrf_core.xml file (/openils/conf/opensrf_core.xml)

I have also found that if this was, say a backup of an existing system that had the hostname changed (for a test server situation) that I had to re-install ejabberd completely (and then re-register the users/passwords as detailed in the OpenSRF install instructions if I remember right) after the hostname was changed to get everything to play nice. Ejabberd does not like to play nice if the hostname has changed, it saves the hostname information somewhere in an embedded database I believe.

Hope this helps some.

Jesse McCarty
City of Burlington
IT Technical Assistant