[OPEN-ILS-DEV] Looking for a way to upgrade my EG 3.0 installation in less than 8 hours

Bill Erickson berickxx at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 11:17:58 EST 2019

Hi Ken,

I can confirm the Ansible installer is not intended to be used for
upgrades, just initial installs.  Following the standard upgrade
instructions is the way to go, except that you would presumably update the
code via Git instead of a release tarball.

Regarding the SQL upgrade, some manual tweaks will be required.  In your
case, since you are on 3.1.9, but the 3.2 upgrade script starts at 3.1.5,
you need to remove/comment-out changes in 3.1.5-3.2.0-upgrade-db.sql that
apply to 3.1.6, 3.1.7, 3.1.8, and 3.1.9.  Usually, it's pretty easy to tell
by looking at the upgrade SQL what versions each change applies to, but in
cases where it's not, you can also compare the contents of
config.upgrade_log to the version checks in the upgrade SQL file.

-b