[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] draft terms of reference

Karen Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Thu Aug 27 11:05:59 EDT 2009

Sarah, I had the same reaction (to calling this "Terms of Reference"). I am
unfamiliar with the phrase and would recommend striking it from the
document.

I like the changes from Robin and Sarah. I am a big fan of clear and direct
(as well as consistent voice) and "uses DocBook for text-based documents"
meets that goal. I do wonder if we should not be just a little more
descriptive here (I am showing my investment here, I realize), and go for
"Uses DocBook 5.0, an XML-based, OASIS-approved documentation standard, for
all text-based documentation."

DocBook 6 is not anywhere on the horizon, and 5 just got approved. There's a
world of different between 4 and 5 (the movement away from DTD statements
and toward Relax NG is big) and it shows we are au courant in the
documentation standards arena. :)

Karen