[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] introducing ourselves

web gurl georgiawebgurl at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 12:16:52 EDT 2009

Hi all,
I am an interested party ;-) I have 12 years of library experience, ranging
from public services to web design to tech services (all aspects and all
levels from hands-on original cataloging to training and documentation
writing). I have worked in an automotive industry library (major
responsibilities were document and inventory control of proprietory
materials such as prototypes), a small academic branch library, a large
academic library, and a digital library.

Regardless of which ILS I worked in, I always thought it could be better --
better for the user, better for the worker bee. I am a huge fan of
opensource and I have been following Evergreen with much interest. I
contributed a tiny bit of documentation to the Evergreen project and I have
contributed to a variety of other OSS projects (design templates, a little
php coding here and there, a little documentation here and there).

I am very excited to see the development of the documentation and the
continued growth of Evergreen. I am always willing to lend a hand in
whatever way that I can. My travel plans have changed a tiny bit, so I may
even make it to the webinar this afternoon.
What a great group!

Robin Fay
http://robinfay.net

http://contentdivergent.blogspot.com