[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Moving Forward: Evergreen DIG Tasks and July 2 Meeting

Karen Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Wed Jun 24 15:45:53 EDT 2009

Hi folks, we've had some volunteers for the initial organizing tasks
for the Documentation Interest Group. The list is linked from this
page:

http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-docs:dig

(I spent an hour fussing with Dokuwiki tables before uploading it as a
PDF--my apologies.)

Take a look and see if there is a task you'd like to get involved in.
They're all important and they're all interesting! Also, if you have
questions about a task, you're encouraged to ask on the list --
because it invariably means others have questions as well! Otherwise
send your questions (or volunteer requests) to docs at evergreen-ils.org
.

Note that the wiki page has our fuller schedule, so if this is a bad
time for you, there's more down the road.

We haven't set an official schedule, but it would be good if people
involved in these tasks could self-introduce to their team members and
also begin discussion so that we can have progress reports next week.

We also have a meeting Thursday, July 2, at 4 p.m. EDT (a good time to
report back!) We realize not everyone could make that time, but it was
the preferred time and it also allows some international
participation. It's not set in stone... we'll try it for a meeting or
two and see how that goes. Here are the details:

Reserve your Webinar seat now at:

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/785317179

Title:   Evergreen DIG Meeting, July 2, 4 p.m. EDT
Date:
Thursday, July 2, 2009
Time:
4:00 PM - 5:15 PM EDT

After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing
information about joining the Webinar.
System Requirements
PC-based attendees
Required: Windows® 2000, XP Home, XP Pro, 2003 Server, Vista
Macintosh®-based attendees
Required: Mac OS® X 10.4 (Tiger®) or newer

Thanks again for your enthusiasm and interest in this important
activity. This is a terrific thing we're all doing, if I say so myself
;)