[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Quote about DocBook

Karen Schneider kgs at esilibrary.com
Sat May 16 11:08:12 EDT 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Grant Johnson <FGJohnson at upei.ca> wrote:
> While I find myself agreeing with the structure argument for docbook,
> I feel the need to say that there needs to be an easy point of entry for programmers and "writers"
>
> This might help... And standard templates can then be published and shared.
>
> http://xml.openoffice.org/xmerge/docbook/UserGuide.html

Note that this tool is linked from a higher-level page:

http://xml.openoffice.org/xmerge/docbook/

Like some similar tools for Word and whatnot, the Open Office filters
have some limitations (generating only chapters and articles, to start
with), but they certainly offer opportunities for one-way-trip DocBook
drafting that would likely produce content a little more easily and
reliably for many folks than, say, plain text editing.