[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] want to help newbies by editing wiki

Cheryl Gould cheryl.gould at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 14:14:51 EDT 2010

Robert, Karen, Diggers,

Robert, thanks for the explanations and yes I'd like to work with
Karen on the DIG pages.  I will request a dokuwiki account.

In making edits to the wiki - is it appropriate to send proposed edits
to the DIG list and wait for people to respond or is it OK to make the
edits and let people know they've  been made?   I'll be happy to talk
to Karen off-list if that's more appropriate.

Cheryl

The wiki can be edited by anyone who requests as docuwiki account and,
in essence, the wiki pages are the responsibility of the Evergreen
community as a whole and not one person. Officially, you could send an
email to the DIG facilitators:
docs at evergreen-ils.org to make the request for a docuwiki account. The
docuwiki itself is not in XML but has its own interesting syntax:
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=wiki:syntax. As a
relative newbie to editing the wiki pages, I find the wiki syntax
cumbersome, but not difficult.

Regards,
Robert

Message: 4