[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] A simple sys-admin doc addition.

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Sep 15 13:26:33 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Sep 15, 2010, at 1:02 PM, Soulliere, Robert wrote:
> I did have a question as to whether we wanted to separate 1.6.0 and 1.6.1 into 2 versions of the documentation or keep them in the same manual  version with notes regarding features specific to 1.6.1? I am not quite sure about the implications of doing it either way in regards to merging changes to these documents across branches in the repository.

Since, roughly speaking, the documentation for 1.6.1 would be the 1.6.0 documentation plus a chapter on booking, keeping them together would be OK if it is more convenient for DIG.  However, that wouldn't work for 2.0, since there will be a long period of time where some libraries will be running 1.6.x and others 2.x, so separate versions of the manuals would be a good thing.

Of course, multiple versions can be maintained in the same Git repository using different branches.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton