[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] Documentation for Adding Holdings with Monograph Parts

sarahc at zionsville.lib.in.us sarahc at zionsville.lib.in.us
Tue Dec 20 17:36:30 EST 2011

Hello Everyone,
It's great to see the progress happening with documentation and
docs for new features in the updated versions.

Looking at the documentation for Managing Parts:
http://www.esilibrary.com/esi/docs/asciidoc/Monograph_Parts_2.1_doc/Monograph_Parts_2.1.txt

It says "No new permissions or administrative settings are needed
to use this feature." Maybe they don't have to be "created," but
we found that new permissions had to be added to the Cat 1 log-ins
in order for cataloging staff in Indiana to use this feature.  And
of course there are different levels of permissions: Consortial,
Local System and Branch.  It would be nice if documentation
addressed this, and what affect adding permissions at the
different levels will have.

Also, the documentation only addresses applying parts when
creating new volumes. Is that the only way to apply parts? I have
tons and tons of existing items where I'd like to apply parts.
Currently I have to delete and re-add to do so?

Sarah Childs
Senior Cataloger
Hussey-Mayfield Memorial Public Library
250 North Fifth Street