[OPEN-ILS-DOCUMENTATION] 2.2 Documenation

Soulliere, Robert robert.soulliere at mohawkcollege.ca
Mon Mar 5 14:31:43 EST 2012

Hi Tim,

I think this EDI Document needs to have its own chapter.

My intention for the chapter  "Installing the server software (BASE)" is that it would be the absolute bare bones initial installation in a most vanilla flavour for just getting a running system out of the box -- a replica of  the README file packaged with Evergreen code. I was thinking to keep this basic install as simple as possible specifically intended for new users who just want to get Evergreen going for initial testing.

Personally, I would be tempted to put the EDI documentation as a separate chapter under the part:"System Configuration and Customization" because it seems like an add on for user who need EDI functionality. Our organization would not even install this for our needs.

Arguably, it could be added to the "Software Installation" part as its own chapter oi the DIG group think that 90% of the organizations will require this EDI configuration as described in this document?

Note that I started this outline as a bare skeleton and it needs to have chapters and sections added by DIG members consider what needs to be added and fleshed out.

Regards,
Robert

Robert Soulliere, BA (Hons), MLIS
Systems Librarian