[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] 226 subscribers

Julian Treadwell julian.treadwell at jcu.edu.au
Wed Apr 4 21:11:46 EDT 2007

Hey there y'all,

I'm the SysAdmin for the Library at a smallish University in North
Queensland, Australia.

My background is application programming and general Systems
Administration, but I like libraries and I like universities and I love
the tropics, so here I've been for the last 3 years and I'm not going
anywhere for some time.

I also love Open Source and do not love corporate takeovers of
once-reputable-and-service-oriented software companies.

It won't be my call whether we go to Rome or something else when
end-of-life for Horizon 7.3 is announced, but I expect to be asked for
input, so here I am hoping like hell that I'll be able to recommend what
looks like the best Open Source solution for us, Evergreen.

Looking forward to the discussions, and planning at some point soon to
set up a test box running Evergreen,

Cheers,

Julian

--