[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Importing Bibliographic Information

Deanna Frazee dfrazee at ci.killeen.tx.us
Thu Jul 26 15:49:48 EDT 2007

We set up the export_target table in Horizon to use the following
subfields for the test data:

b=Location
c=Collection
k=Call
t=Copy
x=Notes
z=CKI_notes

As you have probably noted, we did not take all of the data we should
have--particularly price, vendor and current status.  This was just a
test run, and we just wanted to take enough to let us see how things
were going to look.  OCLC has a complete list of what should go in each
subfield of the 852 at www.oclc.org/bibformats/en/8xx/852.shtm.

So far, we just haven't had time to look at transferring patron data,
but I hope we will have time to do that in late August.  If anyone has
some spare time they can loan me....

Deanna Frazee
Killeen City Library System
(254) 501-8995
(254) 501-7704 (fax)
dfrazee at ci.killeen.tx.us

Stephenson
> Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2007 2:03 PM
> To: open-ils-general at list.georgialibraries.org
> Subject: Re: [OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Importing Bibliographic Information
>
> Don, et al.,
>
> Thanks for the information about the 852 tag. This is very helpful.
>
> I have so far tried importing about 850,000 bib records into Evergreen
> from our Horizon database, and the process did not go well.
Apparently,