[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Branch Removal

Mike Rylander mrylander at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 20:29:28 EST 2008

On Feb 4, 2008 2:28 PM, Casey Morford <cmorford at usd348.com> wrote:
> I'm new to the list and I've got an EG installation going at our
> school district (K-12) on Ubuntu and I'm excited about seeing what it
> can do for our district's libraries.  Going through the http://server/
> cgi-bin/config.pl I'd like to remove the example branches in the
> Organizational Units section, but it doesn't appear that there is an
> obvious method for doing so.  I'm not terribly familiar with
> postresql as my background is mainly rooted in mysql.  Is there are
> process for removing these manually from the database or via web
> interface?

You can remove any unwanted Org Units directly from the database using
either the psql command line utility or by using PGAdminIII, as Bill
Russell suggests.  You can also set up the django admin interface* and
remove them from there.  You can also simply hide the Org Units you
don't need and rename the ones you can re-use via the bootstrapping
CGIs.

* http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=evergreen-admin:customization:setting_up_the_django_administration_interface

--
Mike Rylander