[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Gentoo VMware Image Question

Rush Austin rush.austin at buncombecounty.org
Fri Feb 8 15:23:46 EST 2008

Hello Group,

Prior to posting this I read the FAQ, the online documentation, and
browsed through the Open-ils General Archives.

I've downloaded the  1.2.0 Evergreen VMware image.

Following the instructions I can successfully start the Evergreen
related services and Apache.

ifconfig reports that my inet addr is 127.0.0.1

Here is where I get a bit fuzzy.  As I read the directions, I can point
a  browser on my host machine to http://127.0.0.1 <http://127.0.0.1/>
and "see the beautiful default Evergreen catalog interface."

I read this as open a browser outside of the VMWare environment, which
is where I get confused.  I did not think I could interact with
processes running in the VMware environment.

Thank you for your kind assistance.

Rush A.