[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Gentoo VMware Image Question

Kermit Jones kermitjr at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 16:27:30 EST 2008

I understand keeping the image small... but X and xfce would only add a few
dozen megs when compressed to iso.  would it be better to have a "LiveCD"
with evergreen?  I'd be willing to help some with that.

Frankly, I'm more interested in "Evergreen-in-a-box" (that would be a pine
box, of course :)  Seriously though, if the vmware image is correct, why
couldn't it be run as a production machine and simply tell people how to
make changes to customize?

That or a .deb for installation that takes care of the bulk of the install
and dependencies. (Especially for the staff client... that should be a .deb
package for any machine to install.)

Okay, I'll stop ranting.

Kermit