[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Gentoo VMware Image Question

John Schmidt jas at xmission.com
Sat Feb 9 17:08:41 EST 2008

On Saturday 09 February 2008, Kermit Jones wrote:
> I understand keeping the image small... but X and xfce would only add a few
> dozen megs when compressed to iso.  would it be better to have a "LiveCD"
> with evergreen?  I'd be willing to help some with that.
>
> Frankly, I'm more interested in "Evergreen-in-a-box" (that would be a pine
> box, of course :)  Seriously though, if the vmware image is correct, why
> couldn't it be run as a production machine and simply tell people how to
> make changes to customize?
>
> That or a .deb for installation that takes care of the bulk of the install
> and dependencies. (Especially for the staff client... that should be a .deb
> package for any machine to install.)
>
> Okay, I'll stop ranting.
>
> Kermit

I have built a LiveCD of evergreen, but still need to put some finishing
touches on it.

In addition, I have a script that installs evergreen on a fresh build of
Debian Etch in about 15 minutes, completely automated, no editing of config
files, etc.  Just have to type in a couple of passwords along the way.

John