[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Bib record screen buttons

evergreen at copelan.com evergreen at copelan.com
Sat Jun 7 10:30:35 EDT 2008

Hello All,
I am importing books into my "library" by using the Z39.50 search.  This is
working well.  Each book (so far only ones with LOC numbers but later will be
European published books) is then individually taken through Holdings Maintenance
and volume creation.

There are probably better ways to batch load by creating a list of ISBN and
volume numbers but in this way I get good practice at the functionality in
Evergreen.

At the top of the Bib record summary screen there are some buttons (Start,
Previous, Next, End) that might have functionality to let me import several
records then to go through them in Volume Maintenance.   So far I haven't
discovered how to do this from the Wiki documentation but that is probably
because I just haven't found the  correct one.  I suspect that "buckets" are
involved but just don't see how to connect the imported record into a bucket then
the bucket info the Record Summary.

Thanks for any pointers to the correct documentation.

RobertC