[OPEN-ILS-GENERAL] Gentoo VMware image -- almost there....

Scott Owen sowen at edzone.net
Mon Mar 24 09:51:26 EDT 2008

Dan,
Thanks for the response, I have the Gentoo VMware image working fine now.
For some reason (and I will not attempt to guess why) it seemed to not
play well with Windows server 2003 (for me anyway...).
I installed VMware server on a plain-old Windows XP box, and ran the
Gentoo image from there.....ta da!....working fine.
I attribute the client/password issue to "general Windows flakiness."

So now......on to the next question.....I should probably search the
archives and start a new thread...but I'll toss it out here to see if
it's a common question with a canned-response:

Any how-to's (or ILS for Dummies books?) for installing sample data
(users and/or MARC records).....???
(please forgive my ignorance on this subject......I'm a tech guy....not
a book guy....so I need something with small words and lots of pictures)

-Scott Owen
Alma Public Schools